A Reflection on Science Activity: Dealing with Molecules Models

At Wednesday, February 15th 2012, we were dealing with models. TADAAAA! 
Having a lesson with some "balls" is quite interesting for me, you know, exploring those models, making random elements out of it. This was very disappointing of me (I reflected!) that I only made elements which are very simple and already stated in the book.

(Picture taken by Shevalda)

Shevalda is one of my friends who really has that full concentration and good scientific attitudes (remember from grade 7?) in doing this activity. It is shown by her element. I forgot what it is, though, but she really explored 'something', and then searched for the figure in the internet. The result is, she found an element which is not stated in the book. Yep, she found it by herself! 

So, in this exploration in Science, I learnt that not all atomic models can be paired together. Like for example, Oxygen has 2 holes, so we have to pair it with another 2 atomic balls! Umm, sorry I'm not very good at explaining Science, but I hope it's enough to explain how fun and useful the activity was :)


FYI: The picture above is taken by Shevalda, and it is my figure, H20 (water). See how simple my figure is? Next time if we have another activity like this, I promise I'll improve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment